7 most expensive players absent from Qatar World Cup 2022
Nicolo Varela 70 million euros
The 25-year-old Inter Milan midfielder will miss the World Cup because Italy stumbled against North Macedonia in UEFA qualifying, since it is the second consecutive absence of the two students, the European Championship champions will have to wait until 2026 to live the World Cup experience.
Victor Osimhen 70 million euros
The Napoli striker has a great time in Serie A, but Nigeria failed to skip the final stage of Africa’s qualifiers, losing to Ghana. The 23-year-old will have a new opportunity to take part in the World Cup.
Reyes James 70 million euros
In this case, his team, England, will be at the 2022 Qatar World Cup, but the defender will not be able to play the tournament because he suffered a serious knee injury a month ago, and Chelsea player Gareth Southgate waited until the last minute, but there was no miracle.
Florian Vertz 70 million euros
- At the age of 19, the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder is set to be the next big star for the German team.
- However, he ruptured his cruciate ligament in March.
- and although he returned to games, he was not called by Hanzi Flick.
Luis Diaz 75 million euros
- Another case of an important team not being eligible for Qatar 2022 and leaving a superstar out of the action, the Liverpool winger gave a huge season in the Premier League but will have to wait until the 2026 World Cup in the hope of participating with Colombia.
Mohamed Salah 80 million euros
- The Egyptian star is one of the most prominent and expensive stars absent from the FIFA World Cup in Qatar after our national team failed to hijack the crossing card for the World Cup, after defeating Senegal on penalties.
Erling Haaland – €170 million
By far, he has been listed as the most valuable on the planet
showing his strength by moving to
Manchester City, where he does not stop scoring, and Norway failing to qualify for the 2022 Qatar World Cup.