- The Netherlands are in the 2022 Qatar World Cup tournament with their first title in the World Cup, having lost three finals in their history.
- The Netherlands, ranked eighth in the world and one of the most successful teams in World Cup history without the title, missed the 2018 World Cup.
- The Netherlands come to the World Cup Qatar with a group of young stars in an attempt to decipher the tournament, break the curse and win the World Cup,
- after reaching the final 3 times and losing, 1974 years to Germany at home, 1978 to Argentina at home and Spain 2010 in South Africa.
- World Cup Qatar is the Netherlands’ 11th World Cup team to lose only two of their 30 Group League games in the past, and the Netherlands appears to be on a bet on their history for their first title in Doha.
Netherlands Team Group at Qatar World Cup 2022
The Netherlands are in the first group, comprising hosts Qatar, Africa’s champions Senegal and Ecuador.
The Netherlands begins its campaign at the Qatar World Cup, facing Senegal at Al Thumama Stadium on 21 November, and then meeting with Ecuador at Khalifa International Stadium on 25 November, before Qatar faces the host country at Al Bayt Stadium on 29 November.
The Dutch Federation selected the hotel “St. Regis Doha”, the seat of the team during the tournament, with training to take place in the stadiums of Qatar University No. 6.
Dutch mills were able to reach the World Cup after missing the 2018 Russian edition by topping Group G in the European qualifiers for the FIFA Qatar 2022 World Cup, which included Turkey, Norway, Montenegro, Latvia and Gibraltar, where they scored 23 points.